Monday, March 28, 2011

Anatomy Means Structure

Reality Check:


How do I get there?

I'm not poor, but I'm not rich either. I look forward to an adventure, though. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I've got good grades from college and even better grades in grad school.

Possibility:

When I was working for a research organization a couple of years ago, I knew someone who was granted full scholarship to Hawaii. She is smart and talented. She takes calculated risks and has a penchant for "structured  priorities"--as what she calls it. She deferred her scholarship, though, because she got married. She said that once she decides to push through with it, the good thing is that she can take her husband with her. That was three or four years ago. They now have a toddler, and she is very happy. She's been promoted as head of her department. She also hasn't left for Hawaii yet.

Maybe, just maybe, I can have a go at this. Since I'm single, and my own structured priorities are not as major as hers, the opportunity is worth way above the risk.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe i should pursue to go to Hawaii, i am single also...

    ReplyDelete