Thursday, March 31, 2011

Making the First Baby Step

At exactly 11:53 this morning, I sent an inquiry letter to an organization that awards international student scholarships. In my letter, I wrote about my intention to study in Hawaii and asked whether the program that I'd like to pursue is covered by such grants. After giving the organization an overview of my academic and professional goals, I muttered a breath prayer, crossed fingers and toes, and hit "Send."

Drafting the e-mail was easy. I've always known what I've always wanted to do. My motivation is valid. Of course, I left off the part where I could have said that I'm finally acting on my plans, because my boyfriend broke up with me 2 days after our 5th anniversary.

Now, the difficult part will be waiting for the answer. Will the reply pop that tiny bubble of hope slowly growing within? Will they even respond? I've always wondered which one would be tougher to handle: Getting an outright NO? Or waiting a long time for an answer that you're not even sure would come?

No comments:

Post a Comment