Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pressing on toward the goal



In December, I began to entertain doubts, the most disturbing of which was whether or not I chose a battle that God wanted me to fight. Before I went to bed on December 29, I was led to Psalm 143, and as I got to verse 8,  my spirit was stirred. It was a strange emotion. It wasn't exactly hope or happiness, but it was a good feeling. It's the same kind of feeling you'd normally get when someone else, someone who doesn't know you, suddenly describes the same circumstance that you're in, and speaks of it so positively it becomes contagious:


"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."


I was busy the next day, shopping for New Year's Eve dinner with my family that it was already late at night when I got to check my e-mail. It came from Hawai'i, telling me that my application documents have already been verified and are complete. I checked the date and time it was sent. It was that morning.

5 comments:

  1. i know God gives you this so that you will know the best things in life. Its still the answer to your dream to go to Hawaii and to meet Mr. "Man in God's heart". Its different in what you expected but its the same dream you ever wanted. i remember when i witnessed a wedding on April 24, 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i googled you, and i am your biggest fan too.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, cherryblossom sakura! One day, we will exchange autographs hahaha! I must thank you for your comments that went into my mail, linking back to this blog that I have almost forgotten.

      Delete